With Page4 you have all the freedom to design your website yourself. You don't need to know HTML or CSS and you don't have to worry about "breaking" anything. You see live how the design changes when you make adjustments in the corresponding dialogs and you can try out everything at any time without visitors to your website noticing anything. Only when you click on Save your changes will be applied to your website.
Although page4 is very easy to use, we know from experience and many tests that sometimes instructions really bring the breakthrough. You watch a video, read a text or see a graphic and it clicks and you have the solution to your "design problem". Page4's extensive options are all identical in operation, but you do have to get into it a bit.
A very important aspect is that you should keep the design as simple as possible. Other providers understand this as giving you only a few options to customize. We mean to give you all the options so that you have the freedom to design your website the way you want. We just give you suggestions with our templates and ideas. Nothing more.
We live in a very visual world today. Thanks to fast internet connections, images and even videos on the web are no longer a problem. With page4 you can create modern websites without writing a single line of code. You don't need to know anything about CSS and HTML. It's enough if you know how to use a computer.
With page4 we have launched the only web building kit that allows you to create truly individual website designs. And you can do it without having to know HTML or CSS. Our design editor allows you to create really millions of different design templates with just one template. We'll show you how to do that here.
1) Templates = Here you can select design templates and use structures to change the layout of the content of your page. In the future, color templates will also be available here. You can open this menu item directly by clicking on "Select design" under the main menu "Design" on the page.
2) Elements = Here you can turn on and off elements of the website. You can mirror the design, determine how the sidebar should be filled and how the sidebar should be adjusted in height. You can also determine how far elements on your pages should be from the edge and from each other.
3) Background = While you select all other areas interactively by clicking on the area, there is a fixed menu for the background. Here you can select an image or color for the background of your website. The background is the entire area below - in the sense of underneath - the regular web page and spans the entire browser area. A web page consists of several layers, one on top of the other. The background is the absolute bottom layer.
4) Fonts = If you click in the main menu Design on "Design font templates", you open directly this menu. Here you define which fonts should be used for your website. This ensures that headings always look the same and that the normal text on each page has the same font and font design.
5) Navigation = If you click on "Set navigation design" in the main menu Design, you will directly open this menu. Here you can set the look and position of your navigation and choose another template for the navigation if you don't like the current template.
6) Mobile = Currently you can only switch the mobile view on or off here.
7) Logo = Here you can embed an image as a logo and place it in the header or next to the navigation.
A) Reset = If you have saved changes and then changed something without saving again, you can use this navigation point to discard all changes until saving. It does not matter how many changes you have made.
B) Save = As long as you don't save, all changes remain visible only to you and are not applied to your website. Visitors will still see the current design. Once you save, the current design will be overwritten with the version you created in the editor. This step cannot be undone. You will have to manually correct changes if you don't want to have certain changes. As a user of a purchased version, you can save the current version before you make changes to the design and then, if necessary, select this save again and thus reset the design to the saved state.
C) Exit editing = Closes the design editor. If you made changes after saving, they will not be saved but discarded. There is also no warning. If you have not made a single save after entering the editor, everything you have done will be discarded and you will return to your unchanged web page.